In a true act of kindness, Avenged Sevenfold are selling off some of their equipment to raise money for the Notes for Notes organization, a non-profit that builds, equips and staffs after-school recording studios inside Boys & Girls Clubs.
Reverb has just launched the band’s official Reverb shop that features more than 20 pieces of gear and memorabilia from the band.
Philip Gilley, Notes for Notes co-founder, told Reverb: “When I got the call from our friends at Hot Topic that Avenged Sevenfold wanted to find a way to support our mission, I was blown away as a fan and by their generosity. One of the biggest bands in the world wanted to cruise into the studio to spend time with our youth and raise money to help sustain our work… the power of music never ceases to amaze me.”
So, if you fancy owning some tasty gear for a brilliant cause, here are a few of the items available:
– A Schecter Synyster Gates guitar played by Synyster while A7X toured with Metallica. “It was one of the biggest, most fun tours we were ever on,” Gates says.
– Zildjian Custom A cymbals played on stage by Brooks Wackerman.
– A sunburst Schecter Johnny Christ Signature Bass played on stage and often used as a warmup bass by Johnny.
– An Audio Technica ATM510 mic autographed by the band.
– 10 separate signed posters from a recent concert in Dusseldorf, Germany.
The sale starts on June 4th, but you can visit the band’s Reverb page to register to be notified when the sale goes live.
Check out Avenged Sevenfold’s video for the sale below: