Saturday, April 13th, is Record Store Day and for all of you collectors out there we have a list of this year’s delicious rock and metal vinyl offerings.
A few of this year’s highlights are Vinyl versions of Weezer‘s Teal Album covers collection and the band’s Dusty Gems and Raw Nuggets rarities compilation. My Chemical Romance, Greta Van Fleet, The Struts, Beartooth, Gorillaz, Halestorm, Iggy Pop, and Mumford & Sons will all be represented, and we have to tell you about this lovely addition to make the day even more special.
Record Store Day will be releasing an adorable three-inch turntable that will play tiny three-inch records. The three-inch singles include a Foo Fighters disc featuring “Big Me,” as well as contributions from a number of Jack White‘s bands, including The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, and The Dead Weather.
This year Pearl Jam will serve as the 2019 Record Store Day Ambassadors and are also releasing a vinyl version of their live performance at Seattle’s Easy Street Records in 2005.
For anyone out there who is thinking of starting your own vinyl collection, we thought we add a video below on how to change a turntable needle. Hey, you never know!
These are a few of the highlights of the rock and heavy metal releases for 2019 Record Store Day below:
– Ace Frehley – ‘Spaceman’ (12” Picture Disc)
Exclusive RSD picture disc of latest album
– Bad Religion – ‘My Sanity/Chaos From Within’ (7”)
Exclusive RSD standard black 7″ limited print – as part of their upcoming album released in May 2019
– Badfinger – ‘So Fine: The Warner Bros. Rarities’ (Limited 2-LP Red Vinyl Edition)
Real Gone Music is bringing the previously unreleased material that premiered on its Badfinger CD releases to vinyl for the first time.
– Billy F Gibbons – ‘The Big Bad Blues’ (12”)
Exclusive Smoky 12″ vinyl with poster and download card giving access to two bonus tracks.
– Bob Dylan – ‘Blood On The Tracks’ – Original New York Test Pressing (12”)
This LP is an exact duplicate of the test pressing, containing unique mixes from the New York session available for the first time.
– Brian May – ‘New Horizons’ (12”)
The first solo single from Brian May in 20 years released in conjunction with the recent NASA fly-by of the Kuiper Belt Object. All copies will be numbered (from 1-4000).
– Captain Beefheart ‘Trout Mask Replica’ (2LP)
This 2xLP is pressed on heavyweight 180-gram black vinyl.
– Cheap Trick – ‘The Epic Archive Vol. 3 (1984-1992)’ (Limited 2-LP “Flame Red” Vinyl Edition)
A Record Store Day exclusive release
– David Bowie – ‘Pin-Ups’ (1LP Picture Disc)
The reverse of the iconic cover on the picture disc features a Mick Rock treatment of a Pin-Ups era session shot.
– David Bowie – ‘The World Of David Bowie’ (1LP)
Originally released in 1970 and featuring tracks from ‘David Bowie’ and previously unreleased songs.
– David Bowie / Marlene Dietrich – ‘Revolutionary Song / Just A Gigolo’ (7”)
David Bowie and Marlene Dietrich split 7-inch with unique artwork that’s never been released before. Limited to 2000 copies.
– Def Leppard – ‘The Story So Far’ (2LP)
This Record Store exclusive presents the second disc of the CD album on vinyl for the first and only time.
– Dio – ‘The Last In Line Live’ (12″ die-cut picture disc)
Die-cut picture disc featuring the legendary Ronnie James Dio’ s hand giving the “sign of the horns”. Side A features “The Last In Line” recorded live in NYC in 2003. Side B features studio track “Push” from 2002′ s Killing The Dragon.
– Eric Clapton – One More Car, One More Rider (3LP Clear Vinyl 140gm)
Limited 3 x 140g 12″ clear vinyl album for RSD 2019.
– Europe – ‘Walk The Earth’ (Limited Edition 7″ Single)
A limited edition 7″ of (A) “Walk The Earth” and (AA) “Turn To Dust (Single Edit)”. This rare double “A” side will be pressed on transparent vinyl and housed in a special collectible 8″x8″ custom-made and branded zip pouch.
– Fleetwood Mac – ‘Fleetwood Mac The Alternate’ (180g Black Vinyl LP)
A 1LP album of alternate takes mirroring the original album, from the “Fleetwood Mac” deluxe edition.
– Ginger Wildheart – ‘Maggie’ (12”)
Exclusive shaped picture disc limited to 1000 copies – Two brand new exclusive tracks from The Wildhearts frontman Ginger Wildheart.
– Green Day ‘Woodstock 1994’ (1LP)
Limited 1 x 140g 12″ Black vinyl album for RSD 2019.
– The Groundhogs – ‘Thank Christ for the Bomb (Major Edition)’ (2LP)
2000 only. Gatefold sleeve. Red slipcase, Poppy DL card, Poster, Ration book liner notes.
– Halestorm – Buzz/Chemicals (7″)
Aqueous Clear Green Vinyl 7″ Buzz from the 2018 album Vicious
– Hawkwind – The 1999 Party – Live At The Chicago Auditorium 21st March 1974 (2LP)
First time released on vinyl
– Ian Gillan – ‘Mr Universe’ – 40th Anniversary (LP)
Exclusively for Record Store Day 2019, Demon Records proudly presents the 40th Anniversary Special Edition of Mr. Universe.
– Iggy Pop – ‘The Villagers / Pain & Suffering’ (7”)
Dark green 7″ – the first time ‘ Pain & Suffering’ has been on vinyl. Numbered.
– Jethro Tull – ‘North Sea Oil’ (10″ mini-LP)
A 10″ mini-LP featuring six tracks including North Sea Oil and a previously unreleased early version of Dun Ringill
– Joe Strummer – ‘The Rockfield Studio Tracks’ (12”)
This limited edition 12″ is pressed on heavyweight vinyl and the artwork features an image of the original audio master tapes with a removable photo of Joe.
– Johnny Thunders – ‘Que Sera Sera’ (Resurrected) (2LP)
The 1985 studio album – completely remixed and revamped with many unheard tracks – as it should have sounded.
– Lou Reed – ‘Ecstasy’ (2LP 180g)
Heavyweight Double LP reissue of Lou Reed’ s 18th and final (non-collaborative) solo rock album “Ecstasy”, released in 2000.
– Marc Bolan & T. Rex – Bump N Grind (LP)
Exclusively for Record Store Day 2019, Demon Proudly presents this collection of working demo and master versions of some of T. Rex’ s biggest hits, including “Telegram Sam”, “20th Century Boy”, “Metal Guru” and”Solid Gold Easy Action”. Mastered from the original tapes, and pressed on 180g heavyweight blue vinyl
– Mastodon – ‘Stairway To Nick John’ (10”)
Cover of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Stairway To Heaven’ in homage to their late manager Nick John.
– Motörhead – ‘Overkill / Bomber’ (Gatefold, 2 x 7″ picture discs)
A 40th anniversary double 7″ picture disc celebration of the loudest, dirtiest, bastard rock ‘ n’ roll of 1979, the year Motorhead released both the seminal Overkill and Bomber albums. This die-cut, gatefold two single set contains the lead singles from those classic albums.
– Motörhead – Rockaway Beach (7″ colored single vinyl)
Motörhead Record Store Day Exclusive 7″ purple colored Vinyl housed in a clear PVC wallet.
– My Chemical Romance ‘The Black Parade Is Dead!’ (LP)
2 x 140g 12″ Black vinyl album for RSD 2019, Live in Mexico previously unreleased on vinyl
– Pearl Jam – ‘Live At Easy Street’ (12″ LP)
Pearl Jam’ s live performance from Easy Street Records from 2005 now available on vinyl exclusively for RSD 2019.
– Peter Gabriel – ‘Rated PG’ (Picture disc)
‘Rated PG’ is specially packaged for Record Store Day, with a picture disc and die-cut sleeve. The LP is numbered and limited edition.
– Pink Floyd – ‘A Saucerful Of Secrets’ (1LP)
Pink Floyd’s second studio album remastered from the original mono analog tapes. Remastered by James Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman Limited edition 180 g heavyweight vinyl.
– Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody / I’m In Love With My Car (7″)
Celebrating the success of ‘ Bohemian Rhapsody’ the movie, this limited edition 7″ single features ‘ Bohemian Rhapsody’ with original B-side ‘ I’ m In Love With My Car’ . Created exclusively for RSD 2019, this colored vinyl release features an exclusive cover and tracks remastered by Bob Ludwig in 2011, with lacquers cut by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios. Available as a half / half 7″ vinyl, spined outer sleeve, black inner bag.
– Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody Picture Disc (2LP – Picture Discs)
Celebrating the success of ‘ Bohemian Rhapsody’ , this limited edition 2LP picture disc set includes original Queen and Smile recordings from the soundtrack of the movie. Created exclusively for RSD 2019, the package also includes the never before released set from Live Aid.
– Ramones – Live At The Palladium, New York (2-LPs, Black Vinyl, Numbered)
Double LP of Ramones – Live At The Palladium, New York, NY (12/31/79) which first appeared on CD only as part of the 40th Anniversary Deluxe set of “Road To Ruin”.
– Robert Plant – Fate Of Nations (12″)
This special limited edition 180gm black vinyl of Fate of Nations is being re-issued on Robert Plant’s own record label Es Paranza around Earth Day. All profits from the sale of this record will be given to Robert Plant’s nominated Environmental charity.
– Roger Glover & Friends – ‘Butterfly Ball’ (2LP)
45th Anniversary edition of Roger Glover’ s first album released after he left Deep Purple. This is the first time it will be available as a double album with additional bonus tracks not on the original pressing.
– The Rolling Stones – ‘Through The Past, Darkly’ (1LP)
Reissue of the long out of print UK edition of the Rolling Stones’ second ‘ best of’ LP, reissued for RSD exclusive and the 50th anniversary.
– The Rolling Stones – ‘High Tide Green Grass’ (Big Hits Vol. 1) (1LP)
Reissue of the long out of print UK vinyl edition of the Rolling Stones’ very first ‘ best of’ LP, from 1966-the collection was many people’ s first foray into the world of the Stones!
– The Rolling Stones – ‘She’ s A Rainbow’ (Live) (10″ exclusive colored vinyl)
The Rolling Stones release a special, limited edition of “She’ s A Rainbow” (Live) at U Arena, Paris 25/10/17.
– Rush ‘Hemispheres’ (LP Picture Disc)
First reissue of the 1978 picture disc edition of Hemispheres continuing to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the band’ s iconic album.
– Saxon – ‘Thunderbolt (The Singles)’ (7″ Boxset with 5 x 7″ vinyl)
Containing 5 7″ black vinyl singles, all 5 official singles from the Thunderbolt album will be “A” sides with live versions of each song on the respective “B” sides.
– Serj Tankian – ‘Harikiri’ (1LP)
180-gram audiophile vinyl gatefold sleeve including 4-page booklet. Only 500 copies in the UK!
– Status Quo – ‘Quid Pro Quo’ (LP)
This exclusive and unique Record Store Day release includes pop-up gatefold artwork and 180g heavyweight Blue colored vinyl
– The Struts – ‘Young & Dangerous’ (12″ colored vinyl)
A RSD exclusive coloured, hand-numbered edition of their second album
– Thin Lizzy – ‘Black Rose’ (2LP)
This version exclusive for Record Store day contains the original album as well as a set of unheard demos of the record from Phil Lynott’s archive. The album has enhanced artwork and a new cut has taken place of the record for the best audio quality
– Thunder – ‘Please Remain Seated – The Others’ (12″ clear vinyl LP)
This clear vinyl, seven-track LP are the songs from the deluxe CD edition of their new album, ‘Please Remain Seated’.
– Todd Rundgren – Bearsville/WB era A & B sides singles collection on LP (4LP box set)
The first time all of Todd’ s Bearsville & WB singles have been compiled for release. Featuring many unique edits and mixes previously out of print. Remastered.
– U2 – ‘The Europa EP’
12″ single on 180gsm black vinyl housed in a full-color outer sleeve with an embossed front cover. Four-page color insert with lyrics and credits, plus A5 sticker sheet.
– Venom – Manitou (Shaped picture disc)
To celebrate their 40th anniversary, Venom is reissuing this limited edition, reproduction shaped picture disc of their 1984 single Manitou.
– Yes – ‘1st Album (50th Anniversary)’ (1LP – 180gram color vinyl)
Replica of the UK gatefold artwork, featuring the first classic Yes album logo, on 180gram color vinyl.
You can check out the full list of releases at the Record Store Day website.