Fans all over the world were shaken yesterday with the shocking and heartbreaking news regarding Prince’s death.
More than just an artist, Prince was also a social activist. The superstar played benefit concerts, donated huge sums of money to charities, and released protest songs like “Baltimore”. The track was penned in the memory of Freddie Gray, the young black man who died from a broken neck whilst in police custody last year.
That being said, let’s remember Prince with some of his most inspirational quotes ever.
1) “Movies are real! Music is real! It affects people, it’s real. … The other night I went to a club and I watched a DJ control an entire room. Even politicians can’t do that.”
2) “Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.”
3) “The key to longevity is to learn every aspect of music that you can.”
4)”The most important thing is to be true to yourself, but I also like danger. That’s what’s missing from pop music today. There’s no excitement or mystery.”
5) “I have friends that are gay, and we study the Bible together.”
6) “Everyone has a rock bottom.”
7) “Too much freedom can lead to the soul’s decay.”
8) “I have a writing addiction.”
9) “Most people don’t want to talk about politics and religion. They say, ‘Let’s talk about something else.”
10) “I don’t talk about the past.”
11) “I used to be more involved with every aspect of everything onstage. I’m way more relaxed now. It feels like anything can happen.”
12) “All these non-singing, non-dancing, wish-I-had-me-some-clothes fools who tell me my albums suck. Why should I pay any attention to them?”
13) “Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool.”
14) “Like books and black lives, albums still matter.”
15) “All people care about nowadays is getting paid, so they try to do just what the audience wants them to do. I’d rather give people what they need rather than just what they want.”