Roger Waters’ iconic studio album and movie The Wall will be shown with the addition of Atmos sound and 4K video at 9 cinemas across the UK on September 29th .
The Wall was the eleventh studio album by prog-rock pioneers Pink Floyd. The album was the last studio album released with the band’s classic lineup of guitarist David Gilmour, bassist/lyricist Roger Waters, keyboardist Richard Wright and drummer Nick Mason.
[x_pullquote cite=”Roger Waters” type=”right”]”We don’t need no education. We don’t need no thought control.”[/x_pullquote]
The album and movie explore themes of abandonment and personal isolation with Waters reflecting on the impact of war on the individual and future generations.
In the past, Waters has said that “I hope these worldwide screenings will be a good opportunity to remember, not just our fallen loved ones, but all the other guys’ fallen loved ones. Ashes and Diamonds, foe and friend we’re all equal in the end.”
Waters has taken the original concept and expanded on it. Snowy White and Dave Kilminster, on guitars, play on the new version.
Waters’ aim is to put the viewer in the middle of the show. The combined sound and video in the movie is somewhat wasted on a small screen; to truly appreciate the amazing sound quality it has to be heard on a top of the line sound system as the average domestic system simply cannot cope with the sound dynamics and sheer width of the soundscape.
Waters didn’t hold back on the re-recording either. Adam Scrivener, who is known for his work on V for Vendetta, Slumdog Millionaire and The Theory of Everything was brought in to oversee the mix.
The following cinemas will be screening Roger Waters The Wall in Dolby Atmos on 29th September:
- Olympic, Studios, 117-123 Church Road, Barnes
- Showcase, Bluewater CDL, Water Circus, Bluewater, Greenhithe, Kent
- Showcase, Bristol CDL, Glass House, Cabot Circus, Bristol
- Showcase, Derby CDL, Level 3, West Mall, Derby
- Showcase, Leeds, Gelderd Road, Batley
- Showcase, Leicester CDL, Highcross Shopping Centre, 7 Highcross Lane, Leicester
- Showcase, Nottingham, Lenton, Redfield Way, Nottingham
- Showcase, Reading, Reading Road, Winnersh, Wokingham
- Picturehouse Central, 20-24 Shaftesbury Ave, Piccadilly, London
Tickets are now available from rogerwatersthewall.com